Thursday, June 18, 2009

Mikes Stag Do

Last weekend a few of us took off for Brandy Wharf, for Mikes Stag do. We had decided to go clay pigeon shooting, which was great, and we camped right next door to the pub! Winner!

Even the weather was great - the first time in about 3 or 4 years I have been camping and haven't slept in a puddle

The pigeon shoot was great - some thing I have never done before, which was evident when the scores came in! I came second to last, having only managing to hit 7 clays. Gaz came first - he only missed about 1. Hes done it before though.

Anyway, here are a few select pictures...


Heres my tent - the beast!


Mike & Iain - tents up, beers down!


Mike takes a pretend dump in my tent, I hope!


This was my Pod. Camp bed, and 'Salmon' coloured duvet. Its Salmon, ok? Not pink


Mike Shows off his fake tat


Eddy, tough guy


Me, becoming atomic'ed

Mike showing his Frisby skills


So, when i pass out, they play extreme Jenga on my head!

Eddy goes first. He missed all but one!

Gaz's Gun

Alex

Mike

I like this pic, cos you can see the cartridge being ejected

Bazza looking pensive


Yes, these were the toilets at the range!

After the shoot, we sat around chatting for a while before hitting the pub

Gaz celebrates his win


Baz



Goolag and James

On the approach to the Cider centre


Brandy Wharf. Warm weather brings out the crowds
Apparently Wharf is an acronym for 'WhareHouse Along River Front'


Mikes anti vegatarian t shirt :-)


Mike drank cherry and apple cider from a goblet


A great time was had by all, and Mike got away without loosing one single eye brow or pube!
We bought him a deadly cocktail at the endof the night consisting of 5 different shots! This seemed to finish him off :-)

There was a drunk guy who kept coming over and chatting with us. He was from Hull, and was an alcoholic. I am so glad I am not an alcoholic. First time he came over, it was 7:30am, and he had an almost empty bottle of vodka. He was pissed out of his head, and was just generally chatting nonsense. Then he returned at 2:30pm with a second bottle of vodka, that he had drunk most of. I realised now that he was only coming over to speak to us, because he saw we has a lot of beer and cider between us, so he was trying to grift drinks.

He turned up on the Sunday morning at around 6:30, without any vodka, and started to drink all the stale left overs (with flies in!) from the night before - grim. Then he drank most of Mikes Frosty Jacks, and in his slurred speech, asking if I was a 'morning drinker'

No I replied, thank f*ck!

The whole weekend was so lovely, weather wise, and very relaxed. I know Mikes girlfriend Debbie was a bit nervous about what Mike happen to him, but now she only has my best man speech to worry about!

No comments: