Friday, May 29, 2009

Diabetes Update

Well, I have been to the Dr's a few times now since my diabetes diagnosis. I have even over come my fear of needles, and had my blood taken twice now

My HBa1c test came back with a result of 6.9%, which is good, as 'they' like to see diabetics with a number below 7%, which means Im controlling it well with diet and exercise

My liver, kidneys & pancreas are all functioning perfectly well, and my cholesterol is 4.2 mmol/l, which is great too. However, they have put my on a 40mg dose of Simvastatin, to reduce my cholesterol, which seems a little severe to me? My LDL levels are 2.9 mmol/l and they like them to be around 2 mmol/l it seems. However, 40mg, seems a bit like over-kill to me.

Im still reeling to find Im diabetic, as I have always been fit, active and within weight limits, but Im glad I have found out sooner, rather than later.

I have stepped up my fitness regime, and I am now probably fitter than I have been for a long time, if ever. I wuld urge anyone to have a test next time they're at their GP's. It might be the best thing you ever did

No comments: